We have all at some point of time needed to stash away some perishable produce, keep it fresh for long and when that happens, the best home vacuum sealer is going to be our best friend. And for some of you, who have a propensity to have a lot of leftovers every day having a top rated vacuum sealer in your home, will definitely help you save some big bucks at the end of the month. Choosing the right vacuum sealer for your need is critical to ensure that you really realize that savings on your food bill that you were looking for with a Home vacuum sealer.
A good vacuum sealer can certainly enhance the longevity of poultry, fish, other meats or vegetables that you want to store away in your refrigerator or kitchen cabinets. What would normally last a few days would last months in the vacuum sealed bags, fresh and as crisp as when you brought it home from your store.
How Does the Vacuum Sealer Save Your Food?
Vacuum sealing is also termed as reduced oxygen packing, where oxygen is removed or reduced from the sealing bag as the vacuum is created. What happens after this is the biology that we are all familiar with.
In the absence of oxygen, bacteria and fungi cannot thrive in the sealing bags that contain the food. The food, therefore, remains protected for a long time just as when you can food materials.
You can get better results by combining vacuum sealing with other storage methods like freezing. You can also use heavy duty Mylar bags along with vacuum sealing to further increase the longevity of your food.
But do not be mistaken. Vacuum sealing cannot be a substitute for refrigeration or freezing.
What are some of the Great Ways to Put Your New Vacuum Sealer to Good Use?
The first and foremost reason to use a vacuum sealer is to preserve your food, give it more shelf-life than it would otherwise have in the refrigerator or in the kitchen cabinet.
And of course, like already mentioned, preserving your food means you save money on your food bills by increasing the longevity of your food materials.
Here is something else you want to consider. You can cook the meals for your entire week together during the weekends and store them away for later use, sealed away in vacuum sealed bags. Just about the same way, you can do all your grocery shopping in one go, buying all those perishable proteins and vegetables and sealing them will keep them safe for months. Definitely helps you save time, in your busy life, big time!
Do you know that you can keep the integrity of your food and preserve the taste with vacuum sealers? The principle is quite simple; you keep the food away from contact with air and the taste of the food remains as you cooked it a week ago.
You can also use a vacuum sealer for resealing your opened wine bottles and oil containers. No more reason for you to polish off that bottle of wine just because you have opened it! The same goes for crackers and chips, no more finishing off the bags just because they had been opened.
Would you like to preserve that one large piece of your wedding cake for the first anniversary? Freeze the wedding cake for an hour and vacuum seal it for freezer storage. Your piece of memory from that perfect day in your life is good to go for another year and you can revisit your memories on your first anniversary. It goes for cakes done for any other occasion too.
Your baking staples such as flour, sugar, and spices are pretty safe too for perhaps even years, with vacuum sealing.
It has all been about preservation so far, but there are some pretty nifty cooking tricks you can get done with your home vacuum sealer.
Did you know that marinating your meats and other proteins are going to be much easier with a vacuum sealer? It’s physics 101. Generate a vacuum in the bag containing the protein and the marinade, and the vacuum forces the marinade into the protein faster and more effectively than you would otherwise be able to do.
And if you want to try out the sous vide method of cooking, you would definitely find a vacuum sealer to be a handy tool. The vacuum sealed bags with the food will not float in the water bath while cooking and will definitely give you consistent results.
What are some of the Other Uses of Vacuum Sealing?
Enough about food! Right?
Your vacuum sealer can be used around the home for some other pretty cool stuff too.
You can put your new vacuum sealer to good use to seal metal containers or artifacts and store them away, protecting them against corrosion.
Maybe you want to preserve some of your child’s toys like the miniature green army men your kids used to be so fond of, and store them away forever. Your new vacuum sealer can certainly come in handy. You can pretty much save these precious memories from dust, moisture, and corrosion with vacuum sealing.
Talking about memories you can save with vacuum sealing; if you do not completely believe in the digital age and would like to keep some of your precious photographs offline, you can make an extra set of copies which you can store away in vacuum sealed bags.
No dust, no moisture, and no fungi – your photographs are safe from all the elements that destroy them.
If you have your own stash of medical supplies that you want to keep safe from sun, moisture and other elements, you can definitely vacuum seal them as well. You can do the same with your first aid supply, keep them safe and keep them organized in those airless pouches.
There is great news for you if you are slightly disorganized and tend to lose stuff, like your board game pieces or pens, well, literally anything that is small enough to be sealed. Well, you guessed it already, seal them all together and keep them together.
And if you or your partner is the tool-wielding type going around the house fixing stuff all the time, the chances are that you must have a ton of surplus hardware lying around the house. You can use the vacuum sealing to do some organizing and save the hardware from corrosion and rust too.
You can also save a lot of money on icepacks when you have your trusty Vacuum Sealer in kitchen sealing away ice cubes in those sealing bags. You can use them for kid’s lunches or can help save quite a bit of money on gel packs for your cooler. It can also help for some immediate pain relief when you need an ice pack for a sports injury.
Or you can seal your important documents in a vacuum seal bag and protect it against dampness or insects. Or maybe some of your clothing materials that you use once in a year need to be protected against insects or dampness and vacuum sealing them can definitely help.
The bottom line is you can use vacuum sealers to protect anything in your home that needs protection. You are only limited by your imagination and the size of the item you want to protect; but fair warning – once you unleash your imagination, you might not be able to stop vacuum steal everything that you can get your hands on!
How Much Longer Can You Get Your Food to Stay Fresh With Vacuum Sealing?
You know that vacuum sealed food lasts longer than other normal methods of storage.
But do you really know by how much?
Well, if you are going to vacuum seal your food to keep them fresh and save from wastage, you ought to know how long you can keep your food fresh with vacuum sealing. And of course, every type of food has drastically different shelf lives after being vacuum sealed.
Beef that is vacuum sealed will stay fresh for about 2-3 years compared to about 6 months of shelf life with freezer storage. So does poultry and most of your vegetables, increasing their shelf size by four to six folds with vacuum sealing.
Fish, which lasts for 6 months in the freezer, will remain fresh for up to 2 years with vacuum sealing.
Bread and coffee beans which can be stored healthy for durations of 6-12 months and 6-9 months respectively get to keep their freshness for a period of 1-3 years and 2-3 years respectively.
Soups and stews that can be frozen and stored away for 3-6 months can stay edible for up to 1-2 years period after being vacuum sealed and stored away.
Berries which have a life of about 1-6 days in the refrigerator can last for up to 1-2 weeks with a vacuum seal and Lettuce which normally has a 3-6 days shelf life in the refrigerator stays fresh about 2 weeks in the vacuum seal.
You might have all stored cheese away for some time in the refrigerator and got some dry, inedible stuff after it overstays its welcome inside the refrigerator. Normally what would last for about 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator can last for about 4-8 months if you vacuum seal the extra cheese.
Flour, sugar, rice, and pasta which have all a pantry shelf life of 6 months can survive fresh up to 1-2 years thanks to the strictly no-contact-with-air policy of the vacuum seals. And cookies too can retain their crunch for about 3-6 weeks as opposed to the normal 1-2 weeks on the pantry shelf.
Know what you are storing away and how long it’s going to stay fresh there. If you do not, you will end up losing a whole lot more money than you originally tried to save.
What Are the Considerations You Give While on the Prowl for the Best Home Vacuum Sealer?
Before we go into the detailed study we conducted online and offline in our labs to find the best home vacuum sealer in the market in 2017, we would like to point out some of the features you would have to look out for in your search for the perfect home vacuum sealer for your kitchen. While we can give you some of our picks for the best home vacuum sealer for your kitchen, you are the ultimate judge of what is best for you and you cannot judge without knowing the critical factors on which you have to base your judgment.
So to see what vacuum sealer will fit your needs the best, here are the things that you need to consider.
Does Type Really Matter?
There are many different types of home vacuum sealers in the market, and it kind of goes without saying that as far as vacuum sealers are concerned, type really matters.
Your home vacuum sealer has to be the type that really fits your needs. Don’t worry! We will help you figure out the types of vacuum sealers that are available in the market. And once you know them, you can intuitively judge which type is a good fit for your requirement.
To kick things off, the home vacuum sealers come in electrically-operated countertop model and hand pump countertop model. The electrically-operated model is either powered by plugging into your power supply or they can be battery powered. Of course, by now you might have already guessed that compared to the ones powered by AC power, is more powerful than the battery-operated and hand pump versions. Meaning, the motor that creates the vacuum inside the vacuum bags are more efficient and powerful in the AC powered ones.
Then there are the handheld models or models that come with a handheld accessory that can be used to create the vacuum seal. These models are great when you would like to seal cans or jars of food, which is an efficient but difficult and time-consuming way of preserving food.
For the home countertop vacuum sealer, you can also choose between an external vacuum sealer and a chamber sealer. If you take the case of an average home kitchen, you will find that external sealers are more popular than the more expensive chamber sealers.
The external vacuum sealer enables you to insert the vacuum seal bag into its sealing section and the vacuum pump in the sealer pumps out the air in the bag creating a vacuum.
On the other hand, with a chamber sealer, you simply deposit the food in a vacuum seal bag or jars in the sealing chamber, where vacuum created will effectively suck out the air from the chamber and subsequently from the bag.
The chamber sealers are typically used in commercial kitchens, where they are put to heavy-duty use. And therefore, these vacuum sealers can be used to put large chunks of meat and other food materials in the vacuum sealed bags.
Typically, your kitchen would only need an external vacuum sealer, unless you are into some heavy food lifting.
What’s Within Your Price Range?
Well, this is a question that you need to ask yourself before you go about reviewing and purchasing your new vacuum sealer. There are choices in the market that fit your price considerations; you just need to be certain what you are looking for!
Will You Be Comfortable with Your Vacuum Sealer?
How comfortable are you with using your vacuum sealer is something you are going to have to consider before you take your purchase decision. There are some models that require a bit more effort and skill on the part of the user than other models.
For example, a handheld model might be useful for certain specific sealing requirements, but it requires a bit more practice to use it than your normal external countertop vacuum sealer. Or your chamber vacuum sealer maybe easier to use, but more expensive!
What Are You Packing?
Of course, we are talking about your food packing needs.
If you are planning on sealing away large quantities of meat, something you have killed and prepped in your usual hunting trip, then a chamber vacuum sealer would be an ideal choice for you than a home vacuum sealer.
And as we already discussed, if there are a lot of jars and cans you want to pack away you are better off with a handheld model or a model that has a handheld sealing accessory.
Is There Ever a Size that Fits All
Literally, not all sizes of meat or produce can fit in your vacuum sealer. But that’s not what we meant here.
Not all vacuum sealers will be a perfect fit for your kitchen. So giving your space constraints a consideration before buying the vacuum sealer can prove to be a good idea.
What Happens after Buying?
Buying the vacuum sealer is the first step. The next step is to ensure that your vacuum sealer gets proper after sales service.
Like most of the other kitchen appliances you have, the vacuum sealer also comes with some heavy duty moving parts. And it has a pretty tough job too, sucking the air out of bags. So there can be damage to the motor or other parts with the passing of time; so it’s only prudent that you get a vacuum sealer brand that is known to give some good after-sales service.
Time for the Best food vacuum sealer review
Now it’s time for the review you had been waiting for – the best home vacuum sealer in the market in 2017.
We have gone through some thorough research, both automated and manual, to come to a conclusion of the 5 best home vacuum sealers you can use for your home.
The automated search ensures that we have exhaustively reviewed all the available choices of vacuum sealers in the market, performed a thorough research into the consumer reports vacuum sealers have garnered and compared them against a set of criteria that would isolate the best ones among the lot.
From such an exclusive list we have handpicked the best under each price category so that you can have a pick of the best in the price range that you are looking.
So here are some of the best and the reasons that make them the best of the lot.
The Overall Winner – FoodSaver V4440
The FoodSaver V4440 comes out in our research as the uncontested overall winner when it comes to selecting the best vacuum sealer for food. Be it the ease of use or the feature-rich versatility of the product or the efficiency and power the vacuum pump inside the device uses, there isn’t another product on the market that does better. The customers love it too; it’s not just that its one of the most popular models out there, but our research shows that the model has garnered some pretty impressive customer reports.
We give the FoodSaver V4440 a whopping 98 out of 100 for these reasons.
- Versatile 2-in-1 vacuum sealer which comes with both a retractable handheld sealer and standard vacuum sealer ideal for canisters and jars and also bags, for those of you who like multi-utility.
- Don’t require complicated additional attachments for its retractable handheld sealers, which is a huge plus when it comes to ease of use.
- Equipped with automatic bag detection and sealing, the V4440 is easy to use and saves precious time when you are struggling to seal a bag of meat. You just have to insert the bag into the sealer and the V4440 does the rest for you.
- Do you like to save your food in big bags? The FoodSaver V4440 comes with a sealer that can accommodate bags that are as wide as 11 inches. Pretty good for any normal household!
- When it comes to cleaning up, the retractable tray in the FoodSaver makes it very convenient and easy.
- For those of you who have experience with food sealing, you know that sealing a wet food item is not the same as sealing a dry food item. This model comes with a toggle switch that gives you a perfect seal every time; it doesn’t matter if the food is dry or wet.
- The motor creates very high suction power; the quality of the seal is perfect each time, every time.
- There are the marinating function and zipper bags that can come in handy for the home user with this model.
- Comes ready with a starter kit.
- It’s a great value for money buy, having a reasonable price point with some great functionalities and high-performance vacuum motors.
- The whole process can become a little slow, taking up to 45 seconds to seal the bags and then waiting for another 10-20 seconds for the motor to recover to do the next round of sealing.
- The wet food sealing can get a bit messy with the tray filling out faster than we expected.
Best in the Premium Category – FoodSaver Premium Silver 5860
This one tops the list in the premium category, and there is no surprise there that this one is another from the stables of the FoodSaver brand. They simply have some of the best vacuum sealers in the market. It has all the features of the V4440 and some more. Of course, you have to pay a premium for those additional features.
But if you have the money to indulge, the FoodSaver Premium 5860 is a great vacuum sealer to have in your kitchen.
- It does one better than the V4440 when it comes to automating the process. The 5860 comes equipped with an automatic bag dispense & rewind and automatic bag-cut and seal features that make working with this kitchen beast a pleasure. Saves you time and headache, big time!
- It also comes with a one-touch marinate and vacuum modes.
- The airtight heat seal is something that’s an add-on feature in this model and can be very useful when it comes to getting a very efficient seal. This is in addition to the retractable handheld sealing unit that comes with the model.
- And the FoodSaver brand gives this one a long 5-year warranty.
- The sealer is quick with about a 10-second turn around time and the vacuum is powerful too like the other machines in the FoodSaver family.
- The sealer is seated way back in the machine which requires a bit of the bag to go to waste.
- It doesn’t fit the larger than 11.5-inch bags for sealing and also cannot hold the large 50 feet rolls.
You may also find that the vacuum sealed containers and the Pack Bottle Stoppers are a great purchase with the 5860 to make the most of your vacuum sealer. And if you are in the habit of marinating every meat that you prepare, we recommend that you consider buying another great add-on – the 2.25-quart Marinator – there is no stopping your cooking skills when you have the right appliances for the job.
Best in the Budget Category – Razorri E5200-M Vacuum Sealer
The Razorri E5200-M vacuum sealer had been satisfying the budget sensitive vacuum sealer user for the past 3 years and it continues to do so even now.
Despite its price point, the E5200 has given consistent performance and is the most highly rated vacuum sealer in its category as per our customer reports. The compact and sleek machine is good for any kitchen and it takes care of all your basic vacuum sealing needs.
- The biggest pro of this model is obviously the price point and the decent features that go with the budget-friendly model.
- It’s compact and sleek for any kitchen, so besides the budget, if space is a constraint for you the E5200 is a great choice.
- It comes equipped with a Gentle Mode to help keep the crumbly chips, pastry or bread in shape while sealing away most of the air.
- It comes with a handheld sealer for containers and jars.
- The vacuum pump is powerful enough to give you a great vacuum seal for your produce and food materials.
- Free starter kit to help you start off with sealing right away.
- Doesn’t work well with generic bags and rolls.
- Not fit for heavy use – heating issues are there.
- No automated functions are available.
Razorri too has their own brand of sealing bags with which the appliance works best. So if you are planning to buy the E5200 or you already have one, maybe you should buy the vacuum bags custom made for the device.
First Runner-up – FoodSaver V4880
The FoodSaver V4880 is our choice for the first runner-up because of its functionalities, which comes at a higher price point than the mid-range V4440.
So that practically places this one at the higher end of the mid-range options that are available for you. If you are prepared to shell out another 50 odd bucks the V4880 comes with some additional cool features that you might find useful.
- Fully automatic operation, almost matching the automation in the FoodSaver V4440 model.
- Equipped for processing both wet and dry food items.
- The V4880 also comes with the air-tight heat seal that comes in the premium 5860 model.
- Comes with a Starter Kit, a lunch and leftover container, a wine stopper and 5-year warranty.
- Apart from these features, the model has all the other standard features that come with the V4440.
- The placement of the sealer deep within the machine poses some problem in positioning the bag perfectly. It also leads some wastage of the bag space.
- The automation slows the sealing process down a bit sometimes.
- The unit can be noisy at times.
If you are ready to use the V4880 you need some great accessories as well to get the best out of your vacuum sealer. Buy the rolls, compatible Jar Sealers and very useful 2.25-quart Marinator to make the best use of your V4880.
Second Runner-up – FoodSaver V2244
This FoodSaver product on the higher end of the budget category is our choice for the second runner-up. For those of you who love and adore the FoodSaver brand, this one is a perfect choice at the lower price point.
The features match the price, but our food vacuum sealer ratings show that the customer feedback is consistently good with this one.
- Priced slightly higher than the Razorri E5200-M, this FoodSaver model is feature rich compared to the former, which is actually a basic stripped down vacuum sealer.
- It’s a compact model, with manual operation and comes with a removable, dishwasher safe, drip tray.
- This one has its own version of the Gentle Mode – the Crushfree mode for the crumbly and delicate food that you want to seal away.
- It comes with a starter kit.
- FoodSaver offers a 5-year warranty for their product.
- The customer feedback on the vacuum sealer isn’t as great as the ones we got on the E5200-M of the same budget category.
- The V2244 wouldn’t be your ideal choice for sous vide cooking your food.
- We have found that sometimes it requires a second round of sealing to get the seals to be really airtight.
- The drip tray isn’t nearly as good at catching all the water as you want it to be.
These are some of the cons that have degraded the V2244 to the second runner-up position from the best budget model.
Are There Other Models Out There that Are Good for You?
Well, we have already discussed with you in detail about the best products that featured in our vacuum food sealers ratings, and we absolutely love these models.
But then, we understand that you may have some personal preferences that stand in the way of buying the best of the vacuum food sealers rated above.
That’s the reason why we have decided to include three other models that we loved, besides the best we have already listed out. These are models that have barely missed the top spots in our review and taking into consideration the close vacuum food sealers ratings, we thought that it would be a good idea to share a word or two about these models with you as well.
What Are the Best of the Rest that Didn’t Quite Make the Best List?
So here goes a not-so-quick rundown on some of the other great home vacuum sealer products out there in the market!
Almost Made It No. 1 – FoodSaver V4840
The first among the rest that we thought had just missed the list is the FoodSaver V4840. In fact, we had given the last spot to the budget model of the FoodSaver and if the last slot wasn’t dedicated for a budget model, we would have definitely bumped this beauty up one spot to take its rightful place in the Best Food Vacuum Sealer list.
- Comes with a retractable handheld sealer accessory that most of the high-end models of FoodSaver brand has and it is very convenient to use in sealing jars and canisters.
- The V4840 comes with the twin Wet and Dry modes of operation for perfect sealing every time a V4840 is used.
- It comes with convenient roll storage and bag cutter for your ease of use, and it really does make a difference.
- The drip tray is removable and is also dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning up after a wet vacuum sealing job.
- Comes with a free starter kit like most of the other models.
- The drip tray can sometimes be the cause of malfunctions. At times, you are getting the error code even when the drip tray is empty.
- May have some trouble sealing with moisture content.
Almost Made It No.2 – NutriChef Vacuum Sealer
The NutriChef Vacuum Sealer is another great budget model that deserves an honorable mention here. The only thing that it lacked was the FoodSaver Brand label when it went head-to-head against the last placeholder in our Best Vacuum Sealer List.
But we suppose the quality of this Vacuum Sealer is superior or comparable to the FoodSaver V2244.
- It is one of the easier units to operate – fully automatic and running on AC power, with top panel control center for easy work and high-end soft-touch digital buttons.
- The NutriChef too has two heating modes like the other good vacuum sealers and are designed for wet and dry usage.
- NutriChef claims to have increased the lifespan of the food packed away in its vacuum bags.
- It is also laboratory tested for providing maximum food safety.
- Like with the other brands, the NutriChef also comes with a fully-equipped Starter Kit.
- The NutriChef Vacuum Sealer comes at a very affordable price point but packs all the basic functionalities required in a vacuum sealer.
- The vacuum pump is only moderately powerful which means that the unit is not great for heavy duty sealing jobs.
- Sometimes we have seen that it lacks consistency in its work, leaving pockets of air in the bag or not sealing properly. This may be due to the fact that sometimes during the sealing process the unit is unable to maintain the vacuum.
- Accommodates only smaller bag sizes (under 8 in) for sealing.
Almost Made It No. 3 – Crenova VS100 Vacuum Sealing System
Crenova VS100 is also a highly customer rated food vacuum sealer, that just barely missed the list. But nonetheless, we love the VS100 because of it reasonable pricing point and the great functionalities that match the FoodSaver competition.
- The Crenova VS100 comes with a sleek, elegant design with an eye-catching silver that goes well in any modern kitchen, while its compact size ensures that it is easily accommodated in cramped kitchens too.
- It has a 3mm sealer width which means that bag and roll wastage is highly decreased in this model.
- It has a simple manual pulse mode for generating vacuum for delicate food materials like biscuits and pastry.
- Ideal for sous vide cooking.
- The VS100 also comes equipped with heat sealing capabilities, which makes it one of the only models in this category and price point to have heat sealing capacities.
- For those of you who want to start right away, the VS100 comes with a good starting kit.
- The VS100 is not equipped to handle large bags nor large loads.
- The machine is not consistent in creating the perfect results.
- Some overheating problems are exhibited while using the unit
For best results with the VS100 vacuum sealer use the best-suited vacuum bag for the unit.
Do You Know Your Sealing Bags?
Bestseller vacuum sealer bags
- iTouchless Handheld Heat Bag Sealer (2-Pack) for Airtight Food Storage, Reseals Snack Bags, Heat Seals Plastic Aluminum Bags
- Commercial Bargains 11" x 50' and 8" x 50' Commercial Vacuum Sealer Saver Rolls Food Storage
- FoodSaver 8" Roll with unique multi layer construction, BPA free, 3pk
- FoodSaver Gallon-Sized Vacuum Zipper Bags. Pack of 12
- Commercial Bargains 2 Jumbo 11" x 50' Commercial Vacuum Sealer Saver Bags Sous Vide Food Storage
When you are buying your new vacuum sealers there is some thought to be given to the sealing bags you use for sealing as well.
The machines can only suck out the air but if the bags don’t hold, all your effort will be wasted, not to mention your money and food.
All the brands recommend that you use compatible sealing bags with their vacuum sealers, and this is something that we recommend too. Go for branded, high quality sealing bags than the generic ones which might save you a couple of bucks but end up causing more damage than good.
Bonus… extra things you can vacuum seal (other than food)
There are so many uses for vacuum sealers and not just for preserving food. Although this is the main reason why we love them we can’t help but get excited by the fact that they save money, time and space. If you want some inspiration on what you can do with your vacuum sealer then read on before we show you some great vacuum sealers that have top ratings and reviews from consumers.
Things You Didn’t Think You Could Seal
- Coffee Beans
After you open a freshly bought bag of coffee beans or grounds, they are susceptible to compounds and bacteria in the air. Coffee can quickly lose its flavor and aroma when exposed to moisture in the air, so it’s vital to seal it in an airtight container or vacuum sealed bag to ensure its freshness for longer periods of time which results in better tasting coffee every time.
- Green Army Men
Those childhood toys you’re so avid on keeping are well-suited for a vacuum sealer although many don’t know it, as the bags not only make storage much easier but also keep your toys and memories well-preserved for the future and we are talking about less dust and dirt and the color won’t fade.
- Scrapbook Supplies
Stickers, buttons, beads, ribbon – all can be kept organized in separate FoodSaver Vacuum Seal Bags that can be easily stored in filing cabinets or plastic bins. You probably didn’t think about this one but it makes organization so much easier and you are less likely to lose those important supplies.
- Wedding Cake
Looking forward to your one-year wedding anniversary? After freezing a traditional piece of wedding cake for at least two hours, preserve its quality by sealing it with your Food vacuum and preservation system before returning it to the freezer.
- First-Aid Kits
Create your own carry around pouch of first aid supplies together in one handy bag by vacuum sealing bandages, gauze and anti-bacterial ointment which will keep them fresher longer and you can easily stick it in the car or in your bag.
Instead of letting extra pancakes go to waste, or make an extra batch, then vacuum seal them in individual serving sizes for a convenient pre-made breakfast all week long. Who doesn’t love pancakes?
Why spend money on ice packs when you’ve already have what you need in your kitchen? Simply seal small batches of ice and you’ve got a perfect cool pack for kids’ lunches or quick pain relief. These also work great for the cooler as well and save a ton of money on gel packs.
- Game Pieces
If you’re constantly losing pieces to your favorite board games, consider sealing them in a bag to ensure that they haven’t spontaneously disappeared next time you play your favorite game. It will also stop little fingers from dipping in the bag to play with them and by little fingers we mean those toddlers with the terrible twos!
- Nuts and Bolts
If you have leftover hardware pieces such as nuts, bolts, and even handles after assembling furniture and other appliances, try vacuum sealing them together and keep them stored in a cabinet or drawer, labeled with a permanent marker so you don’t forget which pieces go where. This is a great organization idea and it keeps everything in one neat little place.
In Winding Up…
In winding up, we know that you want to do a lot of things with your new vacuum sealer, but you can’t have fun sealing your food unless you choose the best home vacuum sealer matching your exact requirements.
Buy only the best of the ‘suckers’! Don’t get sucked into buying the bad ones.