The Question Of The Day
What is a range kitchen appliance? Countless consumers in the market for new kitchen appliances can be easily confused by this, especially with all the options on the market. Traditional kitchens will have both an oven and stove, however a kitchen range combines both! It performs both functions in one convenient appliance, with the upper part of the range acting as a stove, and the lower part acting as the oven! Most kitchen ranges are made of stainless steel and are accordingly durable.
Best Range Comparison Chart
Warranty Limited 1-yr
Parts and Labor
Parts and Labor
NAME GE PGS950SEFSS Profile 30" Stainless Steel Gas Slide-In Sealed Burner Double Oven Range - Convection
LG LDE4415ST 30" Freestanding Double Oven Electric Range with 5 Cooking Elements in Stainless Steel
Verona VEFSGE365NDSS 36" Pro-Style Dual-Fuel Range with 5 Sealed Burners, 2 European Convection Ovens, Multi Function Programmable Ovens and Storage Drawer: Stainless Steel
BRAND GE (General Electric) LG VERONA
MODEL PGS950SSEFSS LDE4415ST VEFSGE365NDSS
H x W x D
47 1/4 in x 30 in x 29 1/2 inches 47 9/32 x 30 x 28 15/16 inches 35 3/8 - 36 1/4 x 35 7/8 x 24 inches
COLOR Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Stainless Steel
FUEL TYPE Gas Electric Gas
RANGE TYPE Freestanding Range Freestanding Range Freestanding Range
NUMBER OF BURNERS 5 5 5
OVEN TYPE Traditional Upper
Convection Lower, Double Oven
Upper Oven Capacity 2.5 cu.ft. 3 cu.ft. 2.4 cu.ft.
Lower Oven Capacity 4.3 cu.ft. 4.3 cu.ft. 1.5 cu.ft.
Oven Modes 2 Upper – 6
Lower - 12
Up to 16,000 BTU
Self-Cleaning Yes Yes No
The essential question to ask when considering purchasing a kitchen range: what is a range kitchen appliance for you? If you spend most of your time baking or cooking in the oven, there are brands which sell kitchen ranges with double ovens. Spend most of your time cooking on the stovetop? Try a range with EZ Clean. Deciding what kitchen range is best for you is all about personal preference. Identifying your cooking habits is the first step towards getting the perfect kitchen range for you.
According to Amazon, the GE PGS950SSEFSS is the #1 Ranked full kitchen range (not including range hoods sold seperately or other add-ons). Speaking of range hoods, what is a range kitchen appliance without a hood? Make sure to purchase one separately if one isn’t included in your order.
This range was the most positively reviewed, as well as the most purchased!
What sets the GE PGS950SSEFSS apart from the competition?
- It’s 2-oven capabilities are a dream for people who want to cook multile things at once. A larger oven takes up the bottom part of the appliance, while a smaller oven is placed above it that is perfect for cookies, small cakes, or even your own pizza!
- The oven is self-cleaning (if you want)! What does that mean? There is no need for manual cleaning when it comes to leftovers from cooking or baking. Any residual food is instantly burned by the high temperature of the oven and turned to ash. However, for those on a budget, this range will definitely increase your electric bill.
- Ovular burner at the center which can also be converted into a grilling station. The griddle is made of cast iron, and is perfect for those who like barbeque without going outside.
The LG LDE4415ST is a brand new freestanding range by LG released in October 2015. This electric range has become an instant favorite of consumers, becoming wildly popular due to their low price (Lowest selling price as of today is $1,239 only!) and new innovative features. This range also includes a double oven, however special infared heat technology helps cook your food faster. The LG LDE4415ST is a range kitchen appliance that strives constantly for innovation. Examples of this passion include:
- The LG ProBake Convection™ is LG’s trademarked and patented heat dispersal system. Baking is now made easy without having to worry constantly about burning cookies or pizza. This oven has its heating system in the back, as opposed to the bottom like most traditional ovens. It is the first oven to offer such a feature, allowing your food to be cooked more evenly.
- What good is a range kitchen appliance without a grill? The LG LDE4415ST has LG InfraGrill™ which decreases cooking time by 20%. The technology makes cooking faster as compared to other leading kitchen ranges without losing any of the tenderness.
- A self-cleaning system that burns off excess food as well an option for manual clean, the LG EasyClean®. If you want your oven looking brand new at all times, the EasyClean® system will be perfect for you. Simply spray water, click the EasyClean® button, and then ten minutes later all the excess food can be wiped off effortlessly. What is a range kitchen appliance good for if it’s too dirty to use? You’ll never worry about that again.
Lastly, we come to the Verona VEFSGE365NDSS. This kitchen range is also a double oven appliance, however, the two ovens are side by side as opposed to top and bottom. Those who cook all the time, including professionals, will love what Verona has to offer. This range is the most expensive, but for good reason.
- This kitchen range has four oven racks which allows for simultaneous cooking for recipes. The bigger oven has a 2.4 cubic foot capacity while the smaller one has a 1.5 cubic foot capacity.
- Custom back guards! Normally, the Verona VEFSGE365NDSS model has a back guard that extends the depth at 1 5/8 inches. If you require more, you can contact their Verona kitchen range team for a custom depth.
- The surface of the oven is made of porcelain (a great feature for anyone looking to impress!) and is extremely easy to keep clean with it’s own EZ Clean system.
What is a range kitchen appliance? Well, depending on the brand, it could be many things. Identifying your cooking habits and future needs will help you pick a brand (and a range!) that’s right for you.