Best Microwave Ovens Under $100
What is a kitchen without a microwave? Most of the general daily tasks that you do in your kitchen can be done with a microwave and with ease. You might need to defrost meat, reheat food or just warm something up. Let’s be honest – you just can’t substitute such an appliance. Although saying this many people don’t want to spend hundreds on a microwave which is why we have researched the top models this year which come under $100. We can help you save some money and get the best out of your investment. Check out our cool microwave meals as well if you want to dish something up in a hurry!
When you buy Kenmore you know you can’t go wrong. This microwave just squeezes into the under $100 budget but it is designed by a company that America has been trusting for decades for kitchen appliances. The overall design in white and black is sleek and modern and is compact in size but offers just short of a foot of size inside. It is really powerful and pumps out 900 watts of power over 10 different settings. For an even heating experience your food will be exposed evenly thanks to the rotating glass dish that measures 10.6 inches in diameter and it is dishwasher safe so you can easily clean up any spills.
The Best Microwave Ovens Under $100
|Item||Hamilton Beach 0.7-cu ft Microwave Oven, Black (White)||Farberware FMO11AHTBKN Classic 1000W Microwave Oven, 1.1 cu. ft., Metallic Red||Bella 900-Watt Microwave Oven, 0.9 Cubic Feet, Red with Chrome||Oster OGH6901 0.9 Cubic Feet 900-Watt Countertop Digital Microwave Oven, Stainless Steel/Black||HB 700 Watt Microwave, .7 cubic foot capacity (Black)|
|Features||Digital, one-touch cooking features: Popcorn, potato, reheat, frozen dinner, beverage and pizza||6 One-Touch cooking functions for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage, or a dinner plate; Memory Function stores and calls up cooking settings instantly||1-6 minute Express Cook controls; +30 second control; 6 Quick Start one-touch cooking functions||Removable glass turntable|
900-watt of cooking power with 10 adjustable power levels
|10 power levels
6 quick-set menu buttons
|Price||44.50 USD||99.99 USD||79.99 USD||55.45 USD||39.99 USD|
|Shipping||Discounted Shipping||Free Shipping||Free Shipping||Free Shipping||Discounted Shipping|
Despite the price Kenmore won’t let you down with this microwave and it has an average of 4.2 stars out of five from 100 happy customers. If you don’t like it in white you also have the option of black and stainless steel. It features six smart touch settings and ten different power levels so you can get perfection every time. We also love that it has child lock and defrost settings plus a neat LED display! You really get your money’s worth with this modern microwave from Kenmore.
Blueberry Muffin in a Mug
Try out this healthy and tasty muffin in a mug which can be whipped up in minutes. This is great for a quick breakfast option or for something sweet after dinner. It is packed full of protein and is great with whipped cream on the top.
- 1 egg
- 2 T golden flax meal.
- 2 T almond flour
- 2-4 t of Stevia (Truvia or Gentle Sweet)
- ½ t aluminum free baking powder
- 1 flat T coconut oil
- ¼ C blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- butter (optional)
- Crack 1 egg into a coffee cup and whisk it well with a fork.
- Add 2 T golden flax meal.
- Add 2 T almond flour.
- Add 2-4 t of Stevia (Truvia or Gentle Sweet)
- Add ½ t aluminum free baking powder
- Add 1 flat T coconut oil
- Stir vigorously with a fork until mixed together.
- Fold in ¼ C blueberries.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
The oster microwave has everything you need packed in one sturdy and reasonably sized appliance. It comes with a glass turntable which again the most important part – is dishwasher safe. All the functions can be chosen with a breeze and it is so easy to use thanks to the single touch options. As well as having different settings for food it has a defrost option which you can set by the weight of the food and it even has express cooking features. It has a digital timer and a digital clock and some of the settings are pizza, popcorn and even frozen dinner! With 10 adjustable power levels you can get everything done in this heating box. It also comes with a child lock to make it safe for little fingers and it has an overall of four out of five stars from over 120 satisfied customers.
For durable and long lasting, sleek and modern and of course practical and inexpensive – Oster is the microwave to get.
Microwave Lemon Garlic Broccoli
For a fast fix vegetable side dish which goes with just about anything try this juicy, tasty lemon and garlic broccoli dish which we personally love!
- 1(14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets or 2 heads of fresh broccoli, cleaned and cut into florets
- 1⁄4cup water
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon lemon juice, bottled is fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes(optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to your liking
- Microwave broccoli and water in covered bowl on high for 6 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- While it is cooking mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Drain cooked broccoli.
- Pour lemon garlic mixture over broccoli and mix to coat.
- If using fresh garlic cover the dish and let sit for about 2 minutes to allow heat from broccoli to “cook” and remove the raw taste from the garlic.
- If using garlic powder you are ready to serve.
- Match it up with some beef brisket cooked in the pressure cooker and some boiled tatties!
Panasonic NN-SN773SAZ Stainless 1.6 Cu. Ft. Countertop Built-In Microwave with Inverter Technology, Stainless Steel/Silver
When we recently talked about the best kitchen appliances to buy we found that panasonic was one of the top rated companies as of yet. To add to this revelation we found a neat microwave which comes under the $100 budget. With this microwave you can enjoy faster cooking and heating times with the 1250 powerful watts of power. With the inverter technology you can enjoy even and seamless cooking results every single time and it even has a turbo defrost option which speeds up defrosting time. We are in love with the automatic sensor which adjusts time according to food and the simple, tactful controls are easy to clean and even easier to use.
Aside from these great features we love the stainless steel, black design which will give any kitchen that modern look. This countertop compact microwave can also be installed above countertops in cabinet spaces using the optional trim kit which you can buy separate. It has a keep warm feature which will keep your food warm until you open the door and a child safety lock as well. You can really take the guesswork out of your cooking tasks and this panasonic microwave is durable, long lasting and just great value for money. It has 4 out of 5 stars from over 200 customers and we really recommend this microwave, especially if you want to do a number of tasks with it.
Leeky Salmon in a Microwave Parcel
If you really want to try your hand at gourmet cooking then why not try it in your trusty microwave? This dish will give you something tasty to make when you are in a rush and well, we all love salmon!
- 2 salmon
- fillets, 140g/5oz each
- 1 medium or 2 small leeks
- , about 200g/8oz in total
- 50g frozen petits pois
- 4 heaped tbsp crème fraîche, plus 2 tbsp to serve
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Season the salmon fillets all over. Slice the leeks really thinly. Cut two 40cm square sheets of greaseproof paper and put a fillet in the middle of each sheet.
- Top each fillet with leeks and peas, and 2 tbsp of crème fraîche. Sprinkle with tarragon and salt and pepper.
- Make up parcels with the paper and stand them on a microwave-proof plate or tray. Microwave on full power for 5 minutes. Put the contents of the parcels on two plates and top each serving with a spoonful of crème fraîche. Serve with new potatoes.
We hope we have inspired you to make the right choice on purchasing a microwave which is under $100 and we hope we have given you some ideas on some amazing meals and snacks which can be prepared and cooked in the microwave. Who said cooking has to be difficult and lengthy? Make every task easier with the simple use that a microwave gives us.